Project Development and Funding
- The City of Seattle included the Center City Connector project in its 2012 Transit Master Plan to improve north-south travel through downtown.
- In June 2014, the Seattle City Council approved the Locally Preferred Alternative for the Center City Connector via Resolution 31526 and in July 2014, the Federal Transit Administration approved the City of Seattle’s request for entry into project development (see FTA Letter).
- In February 2016, the FTA announced President Obama’s Fiscal Year 2017 budget, which included a $75 million grant to fund the Center City Connector.
- The Seattle Department of Transportation and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) published an Environmental Assessment for the project in May 2016.
- In February 2017, SDOT and the FTA completed the federal environmental review process.
- Construction of the Center City Connector line begins this fall and will be complete in 2020.
To receive news and updates on the Center City Connector, sign up here.
For more information about the project, e-mail email@example.com or call (206) 615-1070. To download the most recent project folio shown below in English, click here. The folio is also available in Spanish and Chinese.