What’s a good ride without some good music, right?
Contrary to common belief, not every set of headphones is a motorcycle headphone. When it comes to earbuds for motorcycle riding, you need a product that can reduce noise and ensure safety.
Nowadays, the options for good quality yet reasonable motorcycle headphones are endless. Where this gives you a variety of options to choose from, it also makes finding the best motorcycle earphones for your needs pretty difficult.
Need a short-list? Check these top 3 recommendations
To make your task easier, we have compiled this list of 9 best earbuds for motorcycle riding.
Let’s have a look:
Best Motorcycle Earbud Reviews
1. Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Works for all Android/Apple devices.
- Wired with 12-inch cable.
- Li-ion battery with 16 hours of life.
- TriPort technology.
Bose is one of the most regarded names when it comes to headphones. Its products are popular for featuring noise cancellation technology.
The Bose Quiet Comfort 20 is not the cheapest option but with their high-performance level, sound quality and noise removal, they provide a high value for money. They can be connected to all Android and Apple devices with the help of a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The headphones come with a small panel that is used to activate and deactivate features like aware mode and noise cancellation.
Apart from this, the Bose Quiet Comfort 20 boasts Exclusive TriPort technology, Proprietary StayHear plus tips, and a Li-ion battery that takes 2 hours to charge and has 16 hours of battery life.
- The aware mode allows users to stay updated about their surroundings
- The integrated active equalizer and the TriPort technology immensely improve the sound quality
- Look very good
- The StayHear Plus tips reduce the pressure on the ears and make the wearing experience very comfortable
- Not suitable for windy conditions
If you have the budget, get your hands on the Bose QuietComfort 20. The device is not only durable and sturdy but comes with flagship-level features as well.
2. Holiper Bluetooth 5.0 Earbuds with Noise Cancelling
- Hi-Fi sound
- Wireless connectivity with Bluetooth 5.0
- The mic is located on the control panel
- Automatic cell phone connection
Holiper is known for its reasonable yet good quality wireless headphones. These earbuds with Bluetooth 5.0 are compatible with iOS and Android devices and provides up to 8-hour of playback. The battery only takes one hour to charge.
On top of being lightweight and compact, these headphones are sweat and waterproof, which improves the overall lifespan. The Holiper Bluetooth 5.0 Earbuds hang on to the user’s neck with a magnetic clip, hence you don’t have to worry about losing the earbuds while riding your bike or while removing your helmet.
As far as the audio quality is concerned, the bass is powerful and the alto and treble are bright.
- The magnetic clip reduced the chances of losing your headphones
- Alto, treble, and bass are on point making the whole music experience a lot better
- Very comfortable to wear
- Versatile since it is waterproof
- The connection may break very often
Want something reasonable yet don’t want to compromise on the sound quality? There is nothing better than the Holiper Bluetooth 5.0 earbuds.
3. Sena SMH10-11 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset
- Intercom up to 900 meters
- Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity
- Up to 12 hours of talk time and 10 days standby time
- Advanced Noise Control technology
The Sena SMH10-11 is small and snuggly, yet gives top-notch sound quality. The best part is that it is hidden inside your helmet and does not bother you.
These headphones come with Bluetooth 3.0 for connectivity and can be connected to multiple Bluetooth gadgets including a GPS device, a music player and a smartphone.
As far as the controls are concerned, this headset maximizes user comfort. It comes with two buttons that help regulate phone calls. The sound volume can be increased with a roller button.
- The intercom helps a group of bikers stay in touch during the ride, ensuring safety
- The buttons are chunky and can be used with gloves on, maximizing convenience
- You can buy clamps for more ease
- The long battery life allows riders to go on longer rides without interrupting communications
- The Velcro pads it comes with for ear mounting do not work properly and might need changing
This headset for bikers is one of the best on the market. If you ride with groups often but struggle to keep in touch while riding then get your hands on the Sena SMH10-11 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset.
4. TheFitLife Noise Reduction Ear Plugs
- 23dB SNR earplugs
- Triple flange design with a superior seal
- Manufactures using medical soft silicone materials
- Hi-Fi earplugs
These headphones by The FitLife are high fidelity earbuds that are designed to provide 23 dB of noise protection without falsification, making them ideal for bikers.
They do not completely eradicate noise, which can be beneficial since it ensures you are well aware of your surroundings. Hence, they are said to be safe to use.
The headphones come in a hard box package that has a key chain hook as well. Hence, you can keep them attached to your bike keys. The package includes 3 pairs of earplugs with filters, spare silicone shells, and a carrying case. The best part is that they are constructed to be hypoallergenic.
- Do not trigger any allergies due to hypoallergenic construction
- You will not lose them since they come in a hard box packaging that can be attached to your keychain
- Outside noises are blocked without falsifications, hence keeping users out of danger
- Very comfortable to wear
- One pair of silicone earplugs have a single type of noise-blocking ability. Thus, for every type of noise, you will have to change the earplugs.
If you are looking for something that will easily fit into your helmet and can be used in your daily life without denting your pocket then look no further, these FitLife headphones are the best option.
5. Outdoor Tech Chips 2.0 Wireless Bluetooth Helmet Audio
- 40 mm drivers for Bluetooth connectivity
- Two-button glove-friendly controls
- 10 hours playtime on a single charge
- Sweat and water-resistant
These headphones are basically designed for snowboarding and have a wafer-like structure. They can be mounted inside the helmet and are only compatible with helmets manufactured by Bern, Giro, Smith, K2, Anon, and Pro-Tec.
The headset is pretty simple to use, both the speakers are connected via a thin wire that can be fixed inside the helmet, hence no wires will be sticking out.
The best part is that these headphones are sweat, heat, cold, and water-resistant. They can efficiently perform in extreme temperatures. The system has a two-button system that can be used to control audio playback, calls, and combination press also enable users to control their devices remotely.
- It has an operating distance of 32 feet, hence you can use it even if your phone is in your bag or in the bike’s trunk
- The 10-hour battery life ensures you never run out of juice
- Very sturdy build hence durable
- Two-button controls maximize convenience
- Has limited helmet compatibility
Since it has extreme temperature endurance, the headset is ideal for people who ride in extreme weather.
6. Mpow Flame Bluetooth Headphones
- 11mm dynamic drivers
- Interior nano-coating and IPX7 waterproof shell
- 7 to 9 hours of playtime
- Built-in CVC 6.0 noise canceling
These plastic headphones are designed to be lightweight and compact. With a range of color options to choose from, the MPOW flames have an ergonomic design that can be used inside any helmet.
At this reasonable price point, the headphones come with nano-coating and are waterproof. They have three control buttons that can be used with gloves on. Since the headphones use silicone ear hooks in combination with rubber ear tips, they give you a snuggle fit that adds to improves noise cancellation.
The Mpow Flame Bluetooth Headphones boast a rich bass and bright treble. Hence, expect great audio.
- The lightweight and compact construction ensures low pressure on the ear and maximum comfort
- Three-button controls provide users with higher controls
- You can make phone calls with a single button
- The noise cancellation technology is top-notch giving users an immersive experience
- Might not fit into very tight helmets
Even though the sound quality is not as good as premium headphones, it does provide good noise cancellation, long battery life, and extensive controls. Hence, if you are on a budget, the MPOW Flame can be a good investment.
7. FreedConn Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset
- 3 riders pairing and 2-rider intercom
- 1 button reject/redial
- 120 hours of standby time and 8 hours helmet intercom
- 1-year warranty
Compared to other headset systems, this one by FreeConn is relatively less expensive but the manufacturer has not compromised on the sound quality.
It comes with an in-built intercom system that allows pairing of three devices at a time. However, only two riders can communicate at the same time. It also allows efficient communication at speeds as high as 120km/hr.
The device can be connected easily to FM radios, GPS voice prompts, smartphones, and, of course, MP3 devices that support Bluetooth.
The FreedConn Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset is equipped with a Li-ion battery that provides 120 hours of standby battery life and 8 hours of helmet intercom. The best part is that it has a small LCD screen for connection and battery information.
- The long battery life ensures longer connectivity
- The LCD display keeps users updated about the system
- Excellent customer support
- The system is mounted inside the helmet which ensures user comfort. There are no protruding parts.
- When the user gets a call in between another call, it automatically switches to the new call without indication.
If you have a hard helmet and are looking for something compact that can fit in without causing discomfort, the FreedConn Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset is the answer.
8. LEXIN LX-FT4 1-4
- 2 km range intercom range
- Four users can communicate via the intercom at a time
- Bluetooth V4.0
- 10 to 15 hours of active use
This headset gear is an all-rounder when it comes to connectivity, sound quality, and user comfort. It features Bluetooth 4.0 that allows users to pair it with all Android and iOS handsets including tablets and MP3 players.
It has a 2,000 meters range for an intercom. With this headset, LEXIN has taken hands-free use to the next level. You can use voice controls to activate different features. Hence, you will not have to worry about getting your hand free to perform a function.
The users also get a choice between boom mic and button mic. You can choose based on your personal preferences. It comes with a set of flat headphones that can be attached inside the helmet with Velcro or double tape.
- The long intercom range allows users to keep in touch during all times
- Comfortable to wear
- Longer battery life allows you to go on longer rides
- The flat earbuds ensure comfort and minimize pressure on the ears
- The Velcro that comes with it is not at all good
The headset is ideal for anyone who goes on longer rides on dangerous terrains. Thanks to its longer range, you will stay connected at all times.
9. Sena SMH10R Low Profile Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset and Intercom
- Bluetooth 3.0
- 8 hours of talk time and 2.5 hours or charging time
- AudioVideo Remote Control Profile AVRCP technology
- Four-way conference intercom
Despite being inexpensive and reasonable, this best motorcycle earbuds is loaded with features and goodies.
It has integrated voice prompts that can be used for the ultimate hands-free control. Users will be able to use voice controls just like they can with their smartphones Google Assistant or Siri.
The intercom system allows connection and communication with four other Sena units at a time. As the name suggests, it is a low-profile helmet headset, hence, it does not cause any discomfort.
Playback devices connected can also be controlled using voice commands. The best part is its top-notch noise-canceling technology and 8 hours of talk time.
- Can stay connected to 3 other devices
- Voice commands ensure undivided attention on the road
- Very good at canceling noise
- Safe to use
- The controls are not very easy to use but that is rectified with voice controls
Looking for something long-lasting and durable? Get your hands on this Sena SMH10R Low Profile Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset and Intercom. You will not be disappointed.
Best Earbuds for Motorcycle Riding: Buying Guide
These were some of the best motorcycle ear plugs. While they’re great, it is important to pick one that suits your requirements. This can be determined by making sure that your headphones come with a certain set of features.
Below, we have explained some of the most important features a headset must have:
Over the past few years, wireless headphones have become increasingly popular, mainly because of convenience while being on the move. You don’t have to undergo the hassle of untangling the headphones before connecting them.
While Bluetooth headphones give you more convenience, they are more expensive. Moreover, if we look at the durability and sturdiness of both types, wireless headphones provide a higher value for money.
Wired headphones have a number of breaking points and are more vulnerable. Hence, most people opt for wireless options. While they’re great, make sure to pick a unit that uses Bluetooth and offer strong connectivity.
Other than this, consider the intercom feature. It can be useful if you go in groups.
Noise Isolation Technology
Motorcycle headphones come with padding that absorbs some of the background noise. Since it does not require any electric parts, it is relatively inexpensive and is present in most headphones.
If you cannot afford headphones with proper noise isolation and cancellation models and algorithms, going for the ones using padding for noise isolation is your best option. These headphones offer years of reliable service.
Active Noise Cancellation Technology
Headphones that feature active noise cancellation technology come with an added electric circuit that compliments the noise isolation feature.
The electric circuit counteracts the noise signal with a signal produced by the machinery. Headphones with active noise cancellation have a microphone in any case since it is used to listen to the noise in the surroundings. The noise from the surrounding is actively muted even if no music is on. Hence, you will be able to focus on your ride.
This is especially effective if you take a lot of calls during the ride.
There are several wireless headphones that are designed for bike rides but do not come with ear mounting. However, most riders prefer units that can be fixed inside the helmet.
The best part is that these headphones are designed based on specially calibrated dimensions. We suggest to choose a unit that can easily fit inside your helmet since some earbuds may be too big or uncomfortable to wear with a helmet on.
Performance and Durability
The most important thing is the quality of sound. What’s the point of wearing earbuds if you cannot understand what the other person is saying. Hence, choose a product that offers clear sound and high bass. Moreover, the unit should allow you to control functions easily, with buttons or voice.
Other than this, pay special attention to the durability factor. Most products are made of material but not all are sweat, dust, and waterproof. It is natural to sweat when you’re riding. Plus, it may rain without warning, hence pay special attention to this quality.
Something that most people forget to talk about when it comes to wireless headphones is the battery life. Basically, a 55 mAh battery gives you 5 to 6 hours of continuous music playback. So, you can guess the battery life of headphones you wish to buy even if the manufacturer has not mentioned it.
If you tend to go on longer rides at a stretch, it is advised that you invest in something with a larger battery or wired headphones.
This article was all about helping you find the right earbuds for your motorcycle rides. Thanks to the innovation in technology and electronics, wireless headphones are not as expensive as they once were.
Among the headphones listed in this article, the Bose Quiet Comfort 20 is our top pick when it comes to wireless headphones. They don’t have ear mounting and hence can be used at times other than bike riding. These headphones stand out because of their aware mode that lets you hear important noises when needed without having to remove the headphones.
The Sena SMH10-11 is another great pick. It is not only reasonable but provides top-notch sound quality and has amazing functions including four-way intercom and Bluetooth 3.0.