Motorcycle intercom systems can make your rides a lot safer and pleasant. From things like warning your fellow riders about dangers to listening to your favorite music, this product is a great investment.
The intercom will be highly beneficial for you because it can help you in navigation, calling emergency services, interacting with the passengers, and taking calls.
It will also enable you to coordinate rides and offer hands-free texting. To obtain all these benefits, you need to invest in the right motorcycle intercom.
In this article, we have reviewed some of the best motorcycle intercoms that are currently popular in today’s market. Go through the review and you will find a motorcycle intercom for yourself.
TOP 10 BEST MOTORCYCLE INTERCOM SYSTEMS REVIEW
1. CARDO DMC/Bluetooth Motorcycle Communication and Entertainment System
The first product on this list is the Motorcycle Intercom from CARDO. When you are riding with your group of friends, all you need to do is say “Hey Cardo” and the PACKTALK BOLD will do the rest of the work.
The intercom will connect directly with Ok Google and Siri as well. It comes with 40mm high-definition and wide JBL speakers and audio processors that deliver an exceptional sound experience.
Dynamic Mesh Communication or DMC will help you stay connected with up to 15 people, whether you are a pack of ten, a duo, or a group of four.
You will also enjoy a long-distance and highest-quality reception of 1 Mile or 1600 meters of FM radio. The intercom comes with a charging unit, which you can plug into a 12V charger or a battery pack.
It also comes with easy customization and full-remote control ability with the Cardo Connect Application for all iOS android smartphones.
The motorcycle intercom will come with universal connectivity. This means it will connect the unit to any Bluetooth unit without any hassle.
Features of this product:
- Comes with a natural voice feature where you don’t have to press a button, move the slider or turn the wheel again.
- It is dustproof and waterproof.
- Provides 13 hours of talk time.
- Has corded microphone and interchangeable options.
- Comes with a self-adjusting volume option and a built-in radio.
2. LEXIN 2pcs B4FM Motorcycle Bluetooth Intercom
The LX-B4FM Bluetooth HiFi Headset from LEXIN is popular and unique. It’s specifically designed for motorcycles, and you can make calls hands-free on your smartphone. Also, the intercom will enable you to enjoy some of the best music, FM radio.
You can listen to the voice instruction through the Bluetooth-enabled GPS navigation and have a conference intercom connection with 4 riders. The intercom range for communication is 1600-meters.
Along with the intercom, you will also receive accessories, such as a charging cable, 3M double-sided tape bracket, speaker pad, button microphone, and spring clip. A user manual and a mounting bracket will also be present with the intercom.
You can easily install the intercom within your helmet without much issue and get to experience a smooth ride. The product is compatible with all Bluetooth. It comes with a high-quality battery life, which has a working time of up to 15-hours.
LX-B4FM will connect with the Bluetooth devices that support A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) and HFP/HSP (Hands-Free Profile/Headset Profile).
The HSP/HFP stands out to be a standard for all smartphones with Bluetooth features. All audio dongles, Bluetooth MP3 players, and smartphones support the A2DP.
Features of the product:
- It’s completely waterproof. It can handle all the weather conditions and will be perfect for temperature -15 Fahrenheit.
- The intercom comes with two interchangeable microphones.
- Gives access to both S Voice in Samsung and Siri in iPhone for voice commands.
- Have big buttons.
- Comes with a noise-canceling option.
- Also, it has an LED trim light.
3. FODSPORTS M1S Pro 2000m Motorcycle Bluetooth Intercom
FODSPORTS is a well-known brand that provides some of the best motorcycle intercom systems of all time. The company’s M1S-Pro is packed with a Bluetooth version of 4.1 and has an intercom range of 2000meters.
The product will support group communication where it can connect up to 8 riders. The communication distance between the two motorbikes is around 500meters and has a hand-free headset that will provide security and convenience.
The intercom is equipped with an in-built FM radio, obtain commands and get to retrieve all the GPS routes. The product has been tested within the global market and sold around 80,000 units every year.
Apart from that, this motorcycle intercom has received many praises from riders across the globe, especially from the nations of the USA and Japan. When you opt for this particular product, it’s guaranteed you will get a fantastic and safe riding experience.
On the other hand, the most unique thing about this intercom is that the product comes with an intelligent power query and broadcast. It will also notify you when the battery is low and help lessen the external noise through its microphone.
Features of this product:
- The intercom has 40mm upgraded speakers that cover the external sounds.
- Comes with a 900mAh rechargeable battery that has a work time of 20 hours.
- Pressing the intercom button will enable you to use all your phone functions.
- It has a 2.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable.
- Has an operational manual.
4. SENA SMH10-10 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset Intercom
The SMH10-10 motorcycle intercom from SENA is not like the other intercoms available in the market. Not only it has an in-built Bluetooth feature but carries a long conversation range of 900meters.
You can easily make hands-free calls with your fellow riders and provide them with information on what lies ahead of the road. It delivers a crystal-clear sound through the stereo headsets and will receive an automatic boost within noisy environments.
SMH10-10 comes with the Jog Dial option, which stands out as an excellent user interface that will let you control through its integrated buttons. This means you will get a much safer riding experience.
The best thing about this intercom is that it will fit perfectly with helmets of all shapes and sizes. The installation process is a lot easier and you do not require any special skills for it.
You can take the help of the user’s manual if you do not know how to install the intercom. It comes with a standby time of 10 days and 12 hours of talk time.
You can stay connected with your companions throughout the entire journey and get to enjoy some music along the way.
Features of the product:
- Has a lithium polymer battery.
- Comes with a universal intercom protocol.
- Equipped with a cellular phone and GPS navigation.
- The intercom also comes with a glued surface mounting adapter.
5. FreedConn TCOM-SC Motorcycle Bluetooth Intercom
This next product is from the reputed company FreedConn, which is well-known for its high-quality motorcycle intercom. Their TCOM-SC delivers an efficient and convenient communicating experience to all motorcyclists.
The intercom supports a high-speed of 120km/h and has a headset range of 800meters, which is 875 yards.
Its small and sleek designs make it easier for installation and will connect up to 3 riders. It comes with an LCD screen operating through which you can control many of the functions of the intercom.
Also, this particular product supports the Bluetooth intercom of COLO, FDCVB, and many more. It will also support A2DP, HSP, and HFP without any issues. You will also receive a soft mic and hard mic communication system along with two USB cables, clip, and screws, Velcro pads, and screwdrivers.
Other things that come with this intercom are battery with 10-hours of talk time and 7 hours of working with a standby of 300 hours.
With the 3.0V of Bluetooth, it provides support to GPS navigation, provides control over cell phone music, and FM radio. The audio multitasking option will enable you to listen to music and answer a call at the same time.
Features of the product:
- The intercom is ideal for snowmobiles, motorcycles, and ski helmets.
- Protects from all weather conditions.
- Carries a DSP noise suppression and echo cancellation technology.
- You can switch automatically between calls, radio, and music.
6. Yideng Bluetooth Headset Motorcycle Intercom
The BT-S2 motorcycle intercom from Yideng has never failed to impress motorcyclists with its outstanding functions and features. The intercom will allow 2 riders to interact with each other and will connect around 3 riders.
When there is an excellent communication signal, it will easily support a high speed of 75mph or 120km/h. Also, the Bluetooth headset is compatible with all the cellular phones that have the Bluetooth feature in them. The entire Bluetooth intercom is created specifically for motorcycles.
BT-S2 has a lithium polymer battery that carries a charging time of 3.5 hours, a standby time of 10 days, and a talk time of 8 hours. The installation process is pretty simple, and you will not experience any issue or irritation when installing it.
The most unique thing about BT-S2 is that it will enable all the riders to communicate at a maximum range of 1000meters. Also, this particular intercom comes with a switching option. This means you can easily switch between a phone and music efficiently.
You can reduce the external noise through its noise cancellation option. Doing so will deliver a smooth ride, and you can hear clearly what your fellow companions are trying to say. If you experience any problem, you can take a look at the user manual of the product.
Features of the product:
- It will adapt to all-weather conditions and function in temperatures, such as -10 Degree to -15 Degree.
- Has a super slim stereo headphone.
- Compatible with A2DP and AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile).
7. LEXIN 2X LX-FTA4 1-4 Rider Motorcycle Headset
When it comes to providing high-quality and functional motorcycle headsets, LEXIN has some of the best ones in the store. This motorcycle intercom will deliver a 4-way conference option making it easier for the riders to stay connected while riding.
The intercom is designed after stringent testing and years of development. It will evoke a sense of speed but will keep all the controls straightforward and simple as possible.
To provide superb performance, the intercom carries a light design along with superior audio fidelity. This can be achieved through ultra-slim and high-definition speakers.
LX-FTA4 is a one-of-a-kind motorcycle intercom that comes with all the accessories for a much better user experience and installation. Some of the accessories you will get are a Mounted bracket, Allen wrench, 3m double-sided tape, boom microphone holder, and speaker pads.
Also, this motorcycle intercom will provide the wearer with optimum comfort, and the slim speaker will make it easier for you to hear when communicating with the other riders. It also has a speaker attached to it that will pick only the surrounding sound.
Features of the product:
- Will withstand all the weather conditions.
- Comes in many colors.
- Has a Bluetooth specification of 4.0 and will support A2DP, HSP, HFP.
- Provides an explosive sound that will enable riders to hear up to 95mph on the highway.
- Equipped with premium-quality audio speakers.
8. HuanGou Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset BT-S2 Intercom
This is another amazing and world-class best motorbike intercom. The product is manufactured for individuals who wish to have reliable and convenient communication when riding a motorbike.
The headset will work with all the Bluetooth-embedded cellular phones and well-suited for all sorts of motorcyclists. You can listen to stereo music, make hands-free calls and use voice instruction for GPS navigation.
Due to its portable and unique design, it will fit perfectly with your helmet. You can also have intercom interaction in a duplex with other riders or passengers.
Apart from that, the intercom will deliver an outstanding outgoing and incoming sound quality. BT-S2 comes with a 12-month warranty and many accessories. Some of the most popular accessories you will get are a USB Cable, Velcro pads, audio cable, earphones, and fastening screws.
Also, you can connect almost instantly with your fellow riders within a range of 1000meters.
You will not experience any issues during the communication, and because of its noise cancellation option, the intercom will block all the outdoor sounds so that you can hear everything.
Features of the product:
- You can enjoy cell phone music through A2DP or get to connect with the GPS.
- The intercom will pair up with all other BT-S series quickly and efficiently.
- The audio line will receive signals from other devices.
- Has a built-radio option that will select a channel with the best frequency automatically.
9. V6 Motorcycle Helmet Intercom BT
V6 Motorcycle Helmet Income is a product of VNETPHONE. The headset is pretty unique due to its captivating appearance and highly-quality features and functions. It can pair up or connect a total of 6 riders or passengers and comes with 5 auxiliaries and a host.
The host will opt for one out of the 5 auxiliaries, and the rest of the 4 auxiliaries will only listen. But this wireless intercom is not just for motorcyclists. It can be used for various other activities, such as hiking, skiing, climbing, biking, and many more.
Using this intercom will also help in cutting down the external noise for the outgoing and incoming audio.
It carries the Bluetooth version of 3.0, which will instantly connect with your phone and give you access to the music files. The best part about this product is that you can communicate within a range of 1200m without any issues.
You will receive a hands-free experience when it comes to switching from one radio station to another, taking calls, and changing music tracks. It’s guaranteed that you have safe, convenient, and smooth communication when riding.
Features of the product:
- Equipped with a GPS navigation option.
- Can handle all types of weather conditions.
- Provides simple and easy installation.
- Packed with plenty of accessories.
- Resistant to moisture.
- Has a battery capacity of 850mAh and a taking time of 12 hours.
10. VNETPHONE V4 Bluetooth Motorcycle Headset Intercom
V4 Bluetooth Motorcycle Intercom is another product of VNETPHONE, which is a high-quality and classic product. It provides a safe and instant Bluetooth communication option to all motorcyclists and ensures a crystal-clear voice during high speed.
The intercom will suit perfectly with all other activities apart from motorbikes, such as hiking, climbing skiing, etc. Also, the product has undergone tests by the manufacturers before it is made public. It's assured that the intercom will deliver its world-class performance.
V4 Motorcycle Intercom comes with top-notch Bluetooth features and will connect with your phone instantly. It has six installation steps that you need to follow.
You find the steps provided within the user manual book. The battery has an 850mAh capacity with AC 100 to 240V plug input and a DC 5V plug output.
The charging time of the battery is 3 hours and comes with a working speed of 100km/h. Along with the intercom, you also get felted adhesive earphone pads, a USB cable, a screwdriver, and a headset clip.
Features of the product:
- Will fit perfectly with all kinds of helmets.
- Has a stable structure button panel.
- It's completely waterproof.
- Supports EDR and A2DP Bluetooth profiles.
- Connects 4 riders for communication.
- Hands-free feature for taking calls and playing music.
- Comes with a unique and captivating design.
buying a best motorcycle intercom: What to consider?
Given below are some of the important things that you take a look at when purchasing best budget motorcycle intercom. Look below!
1. Look at the functionality: When buying an intercom for your motorcycle, checking its functionality is compulsory. Intercoms that have Bluetooth will be easy to reach while not distracting the rider from the road.
It’s also excellent to enhance the safety of the rider. Make sure to opt for an intercom based on the functionality and preferences.
2. Do your homework: There are plenty of motorcycle intercoms available in the market and provided by several top brands. But no matter how good the product or the brand is, researching them is necessary.
Compare each of the products with each other, take a look at their features, functions, and how they will benefit you. After that, you can make the final call.
3. Should be resistant to tear and wear: When buying the intercom, you need to make sure the product is resistant to wear and tear.
You need to check it can adapt well under changing weather conditions. Go for a device that will not break or stop working. Test the product before buying it.
4. The price: The cost or price of the intercom will vary. You can either purchase a Bluetooth-installed intercom for yourself or buy the intercom first then install the Bluetooth.
Otherwise, you can also look for an intercom that comes with the Bluetooth feature at a price that you can afford.
What is the best bluetooth motorcycle intercom for motorcycles?
The motorcycle intercom will help you stay connected with your companions or friends when you are riding, hiking, or climbing with them.
With these gears beside you, the thought of losing track or getting lost will not take place. But some intercom systems/systems stand out as the perfect option for motorcycles. Check below!
1. Wireless intercom:
Within all communication systems, the wireless intercom is the most advanced form of connectivity. This option is considered the best among the others because it utilizes the amalgamation of numerous radio technologies, such as Bluetooth, GMRS, FM, and many more.
The common type of communication under the wireless category is the FM or Frequency Modulation. It operates like the radio that people listen to but has different bands of frequencies.
It comes with a much narrower frequency that produces a clearer sound. The wireless technology also opts for the Family Radio Service or FRS that works similarly to the GMRS. The only difference is that the FRS only works for short distances.
2. Wired Intercom:
The wired intercom connection stands out as the most primitive connection in this modern realm. To make it work on a motorcycle, it requires a central box that contains the battery and the electronics. Through this particular box, the wired intercom reaches out to each of the riders.
Although these types of communications are not ideal for motorcycles, the benefit of a system like this is that it's immune to outside disturbance. Also, it's pretty much cheaper than wireless systems.
You can also convert these wired systems into GMRS or FRS radio signals. The wired communication also comes with plenty of efficiency and affordability, but they do lag behind when it comes to convenience and comfort.
How to install a motorcycle intercom?
The installation process of motorcycle intercoms is pretty simple and easy. But there are several steps that you need to follow. These steps are:
● Decide to mount the intercom in your helmet: First, check your helmet. If you have an open-faced, full-faced, or modular helmet, you need two Bluetooth motorcycle speakers.
The speakers should be one on either side of the helmet and a microphone should be present within your helmet. For half-helmets, install a cardio integrated boom mic kit, which will place the microphone boom within the audio cradle.
● Remove the padding: When the helmet has enough space to accumulate the microphone and speakers, you can start the installation process by removing the padding.
Before you place the speakers be sure to check whether the cheek pads of the helmet are big enough for the speakers.
● Attach the intercom mount: Once the installation process is complete, you can attack the mount of the intercom. Remember, high-quality intercoms come with two types of mount, such as adhesive mount and clamp mount.
To attach the mount, all you have to do is slide the intercom mount within the helmet’s cheek pad and fix it. If you come across any loose area, fix it with the adhesive rubber spacers.
● Hide the wiring: When you have installed all the parts of the intercom, the next thing you need to do is remove all the padding and hide away the wires under it. After that, you can reattach the cheek pads and center liner.
Frequently asked questions
1. Why isn’t the volume enough?
The volume of the motorcycle intercom depends on many factors, such as type of motorcycle, the speed, helmet type, whether the ear plugs being used, and many more.
If you want the best quality audio, it’s suggested you place the speakers within the center of your helmet where your ears are located.
2. Why exactly do I hear crackling noises in my intercom?
The crackling sound that you heard during your intercom usage is the strain placed on the Bluetooth connection. The strain reduces the integrity and strength of the pairing. If the strain keeps growing, it will disconnect sooner or later.
This is specially related to the environmental obstacles, a great distance, or a bit of both. To avoid the crackling sounds, you have to be mindful of the connection and other obstacles that impede the Bluetooth.
3. What are support options available for motorcycle intercom?
The motorcycle intercoms have a wide range of support options. Some of them offer ongoing product support with a firmware update, community forums, etc. Other types of support options you will get are YouTube, technical support, and device managers.
Motorcycle intercoms have become a popular device for motorcyclists from all around the world. You and your group of friends will not experience any communication problem in a certain area where the connection is weak or low.
With these intercoms, activities like biking, hiking, and climbing will become a lot easier and safer.
Let this article be your ultimate guide to provide you information about the best motorcycle intercoms available in the market. This will help you make a wise decision when purchasing an intercom.