Mark your calendar for our September 12 drop-in session about the Center City Connector Streetcar utility construction starting in Pioneer Square this fall. Tuesday, September 12 3:30 – 6:30 PM (drop in any time) The Ninety 406 Occidental Ave S At the drop-in, you’ll learn about: How this project will link the South Lake Union and […]
CENTER CITY CONNECTOR
CONSTRUCTION MAP AND TIMELINE
What's Happening Now
Project Development and Funding The City of Seattle included the Center City Connector project in its 2012 Transit Master Plan to improve north-south travel through downtown. In June 2014, the Seattle City Council approved the Locally Preferred Alternative for the Center City Connector via Resolution 31526 and in July 2014, the Federal Transit Administration approved the […]
Street and Right of Way Improvements:
- Improved water, sewer, drainage, electrical, and natural gas services.
- Improvements to all-way scramble intersections at Pike, University, and Cherry streets will designate pedestrian crossings more clearly.
- Improvements at all intersections and corners will enhance the pedestrian experience and ensure ADA access.
- The new streetcar will run every 5 minutes at peak times and will connect more people to 1st Ave to live, work, shop, and play.
How will businesses be supported during this work?
We’re committed to working closely with impacted businesses and residents during construction:
- Crews will maintain business access throughout construction
- Creative signage will help direct customers to businesses
- The Small Business Development team at the Office of Economic Development has business consulting services available to support small businesses along the route
- We’ll keep neighbors informed through email updates, flyering, signage, a 24-hour hotline and more
Center City Connector 24/7 Construction hotline: (206) 400-7578
Email: [email protected]